More Up-to-date information can be found on the School Counseling website:
- Chelsea Singer (A-Coa) & Department Chair
- Margaret Drummond (Cob-Hin)
- Maryellen Beck (Hio – Lim)
- Adrian Hackney (Lin-Sam)
- Juliann Lorditch (San-Z)
- Amy Canterbury (STEM)
School Counseling Secretary
- Mary Davis
- Cathy Lamp
The North County High School Counseling Department are here to create an enjoyable and rigourous high school experience that will inspire the student to want to learn beyond the high school years. Educating and empowering students to pursue higher education or career goals is our mission.
North County High School Counselors are professional educators who are committed to bringing the best academic guidance counseling experience to our students. Our goal is to help each student set an obtainable plan for after graduation.
Our services for this delivery system include:
- Academic planning, monitoring, and advisement
- Parent conferencing and information sessions
- Career and post-secondary planning; Individual and group counseling; Conflict/resolution peer counseling
- Program assessment support: HSA, Bridge, SAT, PSAT, ACT, ACCUPLACER, etc.
- College Planning: A huge piece of preparation for College is making sure you have the requirements met.
- G.P.A. & Class rank
- SAT (practice guides & links to online classes here)
- Extracurricular Invovlment
- Teacher Recommendations
- Parents-we have a page for you!!!
The Counseling Secretary will complete all transcript and work permit requests once they are signed by student, parent, and employer. They also handle registrations for college visits, the in-house Accuplacer and AACC’s Personal Registration Day.
The Registrar handles MVA-learners permit forms & new student registrations. New students registrations require: Three proofs of residency, copy of lease or mortgage statement, two bills, and a copy of your driver’s license.
ACCEPTANCES: Be sure to bring your acceptance letters to your counselor so they may make a copy and record the information. If you would like this information shared with our student body, please make sure to note that with the secretary. There will be a binder available in the Counseling Center with goldenrod forms to fill out your acceptances and scholarship winnings/earnings.
Check out the NCHS Seniors Page for more about the senior class.